User Interface Developers at cPanel work on challenging and engaging software development projects starting their first day of work. We are a product focused company similar to what you would expect to find on the West Coast, but located in the heart of Texas. You will get to work on a product that is in the hands of millions of users and be able to have an impact on our products and our users lives. Our developers work on cross-functional teams with 5 to 7 other developers, designers, writers and quality assurance engineers. While you are on a team, you are also part of the User Interface Department, which provides you with a community of interest to keep engaged with your discipline. We provide an enriching environment including in-house training with industry leaders, hack days/swarms, all developer meet-ups, conferences and other skill development opportunities.
cPanel has a unique culture that includes a mix of fun, achievement and challenge you just can't find anywhere else. If this sounds interesting to you, read on for more details of the role.
Currently seeking candidates for User Interface Developer I, II and III positions. Level dependent on experience and demonstrated ability.
The knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experiences we're seeking:
- User Interface Developer I - B.S./B.A required.
- User Interface Developer II and III - B.S./B.A or equivalent work experience.
- User Interface Developer I - One or more years of professional software development experience with a User Interface focus. May include internships, contracting or full-time positions.
- User Interface Developer II - Two to five years of professional software development experience with a User Interface focus. Moderate understanding of web technologies and usability.
- User Interface Developer III - Five or more years of professional software development experience with a User Interface focus. Deep understanding of web development technologies, usability, software design and internationalization.
Required technical skills:
- A working knowledge of HTML 5.
- Understanding of cross-browser design considerations and issues.
- Understanding of user experience design principles.
- Understanding of CSS3 and responsive design.
- Ability to rapidly prototype user interfaces in working HTML with CSS based upon simple wire-frame models.
- Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems, their underlying components and web related services.
Additional desired technical skills:
- Working knowledge of Perl, SCRUM and Agile software development systems, GIT or a similar source code repository, Fogbugz or similar bug tracking software and NodeJs.
- Ability to wire-frame conceptual user interfaces.
- Basic knowledge of Make and Node based build tools.
- Experience using Perl Template::Toolkit or other extensible template processing systems.
Additionally, the candidate must exhibit the following soft-skills:
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Good Oral Communication
- Good Written Communication
- Strong Time Management
- Strong Planning/Organizing Skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below.