WHMCS, a cPanel affiliated brand, is the market leading business automation platform for web hosting companies. Founded in 2005, today our product is used by tens of thousands of web hosting and cloud services businesses to optimize efficiency and reduce costs. With offices in both the UK and US, we are a global brand with customers all around the world and a global team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned software developer who enjoys independent work, but also appreciates the value of a collaborative environment.
You will have an opportunity to help propel a commercially successful product by updating legacy code and adding new features and functionality that will maintain our position as the market leader in our space.
We offer the stability of an established technology company and a dynamic environment as we have tremendous growth ahead. This will create opportunities for future career progression which we support through mentoring and professional development.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and refactors existing code to perform for effectiveness, efficiency, and usability
- Creates code for WHMCS products and internal systems used to support, distribute or maintain those products
- Creates and expands the catalog of automated tests & testing plans along with the test suites & testing environments
- Documents code changes and creates customer-facing copy
- Participates in software design meetings and works with other developers on projects
- Demonstrates leadership by mentoring other developers, as well as other staff, to better understand both implementation and design aspects of development and WHMCS software
Additional Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to coding and development standards and practices provided by WHMCS
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Company
- Technical skills
- Development tool expertise with Git; Linux command line and shell; unit testing; bug tracking & workflows; IDEs
- Expertise in three or more of the following: Web Servers (apache, LiteSpeed); Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail, etc);DNS Servers (BIND); Linux Filesystems; Docker; jQuery; Codeception
- Able to successfully and efficiently perform code reviews according to the code standards of WHMCS
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Education/Experience - Bachelors degree in relevant field of study or equivalent professional experience
- Five years of Linux / *nix system troubleshooting or a related certification (RHCE)
- Five to ten years of software development experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mentoring skills - able to provide guidance to other developers with regards to design and code review, implementation, tool help, process understanding, WHMCS code base
- Oral Communication - able to communicate orally in a professional and effective manner with a wide range of people
- Written Communication - able to communicate effectively in all written work
- Team Work skills - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively, able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizational skills - use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-directed manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Problem solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgement on a regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers in a professional and effective manner
- Math knowledge - knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
- Product life cycle knowledge - strong understanding of product development process and continuous deployment process
- Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required, some by interstate air. If working remotely, this role requires travel onsite in Houston, Texas, at least once a year
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
WHMCS is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be require.