Sr. Director of IT Service Strategy & Operations
Spirited, intelligent, friendly, innovative - cPanel employees are all of these things, and with our varied skill sets and personalities, we come together to create amazing things. We are a tight-knit team that constantly encourages and challenges one another. Above all of that, we sincerely believe in the value of the work that we do. And with 20 years under our belts - we're not slowing down anytime soon.
cPanel management cares deeply about helping our employees thrive. We offer:
- A workplace committed to the cPanel's core values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- Robust development teams practicing Agile Scrum Our teams have everything you need to take a project from start to finish. We have Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, QA, and Documentation personnel.
- We are a mid-sized company where your success will have a real impact on the company's success
- Free catered onsite lunch every day
- We invest in our people including professional training, lunch and learns, conferences, and college reimbursement
- First-class work environment utilizing the pod concept. Each team has a centralized collaboration area surrounded by a private office for each team member.
- Free first-class onsite gym
- Flexible work schedules
- Fantastic coworkers, passionate about creating great software.
About the role:
cPanel has an immediate need for Sr. Director of IT Service Strategy & Operations to help shape the future. In this role the Senior Director will be responsible for developing global strategies and day-to-day operations of infrastructure, data centers, cloud & Platform operations, end-user services, Corp IT support and service management. This position reports to the CIO and will be a significant contributor to the overall success during this period and beyond. If you are interested your experience and ability to successfully lead a team and collaborate across IT functions is vital for this position. cPanel is looking for creative and dynamic leaders who are not afraid of challenge and interested in building the future. If you are an experienced and dynamic IT leader with some technical depth and a desire to work for a great company, then please apply.
The Mission: (what you'll be responsible for)
- Partner with Senior Leadership team to lead and prioritize IT initiatives and coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future systems as well as associated operational functions.
- Accountable for all production systems and environments, including responsibility for the overall enterprise-wide effectiveness and efficiency of all Infrastructure and platform systems, services, and applications, including Service Desk and End User services to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Develop infrastructure and operational capacity plans to proactively scale to ensure performance of current and future service demand.
- Provide resource management to major initiatives and lead IT operations staff to ensure deadlines, risks, constraints, resources, tasks, priorities and interfaces are understood and communicated.
- Leads and coaches a distributed global team of IT professionals to ensure productivity, performance, and continuous employee improvement and growth
- Proactively research and investigate new or improved methodology or technology that will either improve IT customer or IT infrastructure processes, increase profitability, or reduce expenses.
- Prepare annual department budgets and proactively manage spend to meet financial targets
- Collaborate closely with Information Security team in design, implementation and operations of security controls and technologies to safeguard Imperva information assets
- Builds and maintains relationships with key members across the company to identify the need for enhancements, upgrades, configurations, and/or new systems, and report to upper management
Qualifications (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we're looking for)
- 10+ years of experience in the technology profession focused on global IT infrastructure design and management
- 5+ years experience in managing Help Desk operations
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud solutions using AWS, Azure or other solutions
- Background in SaaS/Software industry is preferred.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities
- Ability to provide cross-functional leadership to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
- Experience in managing and operating a global infrastructure environment is required.
- Understanding of how application development and business organizations use infrastructure
- Analytical problem solving and fact finding skills
- Excellent supervisory and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve project activity issues and risks as needed
- Experiences across both application development and IT infrastructure services / operations desired
- Experience with technology architecture and platform integration is required
- Understanding of ITIL and service management / operations required
- Operational reporting experiences relative to OLAs and/or SLAs desired
- Prior vendor management experiences of value
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required.
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.