Contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the accounting department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail. Under the leadership of the Accounting Manager and CFO will support the department and provide back-up to the Accounting Manager.
- Provide back-up to the Accounting Manager.
- Contribute to an accurate and timely month end close.
- Maintaining accounting functions for subsidiary company; includes monthly reconciliations, posting of journal entries and coding of transactions.
- Accounts receivable reconciliations of daily credit card settlements and chargebacks, including posting of A/R checks and processing of ACH payments.
- Accounts payable research upon request. Maintain vendor W2’s.
- Monitors cPanel’s expense system for tracking and reviewing employee corporate credit cards spending pursuant to internal travel and business expense policy adherence.
- Gift card tracking and distribution of gift cards issued to employees.
- Support Customer Service Department by researching A/R payment inquiries. Payment of SSL commissions. Tracking and distribution form 8802 to customers.
- Maintains organized and complete financial records.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
- Provides ad hoc reports and data to CFO and company executives
- Updates job knowledge as required for compliance duties
- College degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of corporate finance, accounting experience, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and financial reports
- Knowledgeable in using Excel and QuickBooks Online (QBO)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Oral Communication - able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations to employees
- Written Communication - able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Time Management - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ethics and Confidentiality - Demonstrates the highest level of ethical behavior and displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Computer knowledge - strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and Quickbooks accounting software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems
- Accounting knowledge - strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Problem solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with employees, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- Attention to detail - must demonstrate high attention to detail in all job functions and job responsibilities
- Travel - No travel required
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) are required
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.