Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Periodic local and overnight travel
cPanel is creating a new Systems Engineering team to work closely with our Developers and Systems Administrators on System Infrastructure projects.
These are the essential duties required of the position
These are the skills, requirements, and experience we require
- Rapidly deploy internal and 3rd party applications by sitting on development scrum teams, working closely with DevOps and Systems Administration teams, and performing initial application deployment.
- Monitor and ensures acceptable performance and reliability of our internal applications
- Perform audits to ensure application and infrastructure comply with security and PCI standards
- Coordinate response and resolution of reported security vulnerabilities
- Advanced Linux administration experience: Linux, Apache/nginx/HAProxy, MySQL/MariaDB, iptables.
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated ability with Perl, Ruby, Python, or similar scripting languages.
- Strong working knowledge of automating system deployment and maintenance using Puppet, Chef, or similar automation tools.
- Experience with writing monitoring tests to use with Nagios or other monitoring software.
- Experience working with virtualization platform, say, EC2, VMware, or Xen.
- Five years of Systems Administration experience
- Two years of software development or automation experience
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Iterative Development- Comfort with Scrum, or other agile methodologies is a plus
- Communication skills- Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas written or verbally in individual or group situations; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills- Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one's knowledge and experience bases
- Time Management- Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Attention to Detail- Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented- Has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills- Able to get along with others effectively
- Conflict resolution- Able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.