The Data Scientist is innovative, experienced, and highly trained; passionate about moving our company to the next level of being data-driven and advancing our purpose. The Data Scientist will drive internal data analytics projects serving all areas of the company.
- Timely completion of data mining, cleansing, and modeling of transactional and financial data from databases (JD Edwards, Oracle, MySQL, SQL) that ties to/matches GL account/financial Statements or operational systems.
- Create best-in-class/compelling visualization of data, dashboards, tools and reports that supports the interpretation and merchandising of conclusions that drives key decisions for client management.
- Create simulation models for business scenarios using advanced statistical tools.
- Research and implement best practices for data analysis and builds appropriate models.
- Perform quantitative analysis and develop complex statistical results/reports including developing predictive metrics.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative assessments of all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design, and implementation. Assessing data quality, integrity and preparing recommendations on how to improve data quality.
- Make insightful and relevant recommendations based on findings from data analytics.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of ongoing campaigns to ensure maximal campaign success and continuous improvement.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at cPanel to define and prioritize short and long-term campaigns to drive web conversion and lead generation.
Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
- Exemplify the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-through.
- B.A./B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related STEM field (6) years of Business Intelligence work-related experience required in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in Python (Portfolio Preferred)
- Ability to program in SQL or related language as well as experience in developing in BI Tools (Ex. Tableau) (Portfolio Preferred)
- Experience with reporting tools like Microsoft Power BI, SAP Crystal Reports, or Tableau (preferred)
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Communication skills: Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or in written form in individual or group situations and in a timely manner; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills: Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience
- Team Player: Proactively collaborates within marketing and with cross-functional teams in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Time Management: Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity all while working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to Detail: Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented: Has concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills: Able to get along with others effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Self-motivating: Must be proactive in staying up-to-date on current trends in both web hosting and marketing, while maintaining a high level of continuous development and self-learning.
- Conflict resolution: Able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively while providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Competitive Salary
- Parental leave
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.