UI Developer (Internal Systems)
- Location - Houston, TX
- Type - Regular, full time
- Pay Rate - Commensurate with experience
- Travel - Periodic local and overnight travel
With over two decades of growth and experience under our belts, cPanel knows our industry and we’re looking for more people who are spirited, intelligent, friendly and innovative to help us create more amazing things. We are a tight-knit team that constantly encourages and challenges each other, and above all of that, we sincerely believe in the value of the work that we do.
Because cPanel cares deeply about helping our employees thrive, we offer:
- A workplace committed to the cPanel's core values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- Robust development teams that are practicing Agile Scrum and have everything you need to take a project from start to finish: Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, QA, and Documentation writers all working with the same end goal.
- A mid-sized company where your success will have a real impact on the company’s success
- Free catered onsite lunch every day, snacks, a gym, a flexible work schedule, and all the caffeine you can handle.
- A dog-friendly office
- Investments in our people by providing professional trainings, lunch and learns, conferences, and college reimbursement
- 1st class work environment utilizing a pod concept: each team has a centralized collaboration area surrounded by a private office for each team member.
- Fantastic coworkers passionate about creating great software.
- An open door policy to come by and talk about professional topics, or just chit chat while you work through an issue.
These are the essential duties for which you'll be responsible for
The User Interface Developer is responsible for developing and implementing web-based applications to support cPanel’s business requirements by performing the duties outlined below.
These are the skills, requirements, and experience we require
- Creates new UI code and prototypes for cPanel products and other cPanel systems including but not limited to software products and company websites
- Refactors existing code to perform more optimally in the same situations or to work within new constraints
- Collaborate with the Product Owners, end users, release team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences
- Participates in team code review • Contributes knowledge from analysis to company databases
- Responsible for reporting product deficiencies or areas of improvement for cPanel software and products
- Participates in feature and project demos for all maintenance and feature development deliverables.
- Participates in setting coding and development standards for the department and selected and evaluating tools for the department and projects.
- Develops methods for the presentations of data, text, graphics, error messages that result in a friendly end user experience
- Creates wireframes, mockups, prototypes, interactive mockups, and personas
- Participates in training and mentoring others in the department
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplify the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
Technical skills - must have a demonstrable competence with the following:
- Deep knowledge of HTML 4.01 and a working knowledge of HTML 5 specifications
- Intermediate knowledge of cross-browser design considerations and issues • Intermediate understanding of user experience design principle
- Intermediate understanding of CSS2 based design and working knowledge of CCS 3 specifications
- Ability to rapidly prototype user interfaces in working HTML with CSS based upon simple wire-frame models
- Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems, their underlying components and web related services: Web Servers (Apache, LiteSpeed, etc), SQL Servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc), Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail etc), DNS Servers (BIND), Linux Filesystems (ext3, ext4, etc)
- Experience with issue involving localization and globalization of applications.
- Experience with Web Application Development.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Perl.
- Familiarity with cPanel User Interfaces or a competitor’s product.
- Working knowledge of SCRUM and Agile software development systems
- Working knowledge of git or a similar source code repository
- Working knowledge of bug tracking software
- Ability to wire-frame conceptual user interfaces
- Experience using Template::Toolkit or other extensible template processing systems.
Education/Experience - B.A./B.S. or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Four or more years of software development experience, preferably product development
- Three or more years of web application development experience
- Three or more years of front-end server side coding experience
- One or more years of Linux or FreeBSD training, a related certification, or equivalent experience
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.