|Title:||Junior Database Administrator|
As a Junior Database Administrator, you will be joining a team supporting cPanel database portfolio. You will work with application developers, SREs and System administration team members to improve the efficiency, resiliency, production stability, automation, and reliability of cPanel’s database infrastructure. The team is responsible for architecture, upgrades, administration, performance and tuning, automation, and feature/function research and development for data model and database infrastructure.
· Installs and maintains the performance of database servers. Performance tuning of database systems.
· Sets and maintains database standards. Develops processes for optimizing database security. Manages database access.
·Installs, upgrades, and manages database applications. Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
·Recommends and implements emerging database technologies.
·Creates and manages database reports, visualizations, and dashboards. Creates automation for repeating database tasks.
·Strong knowledge of SQL and SQL server tools. PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills,
·Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring.
·Provides technical and operational database administration. Installs, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures.
·3-5 years of experience
·Extensive experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MariaDB, , or Other.
·Strong understanding of relational and dimensional database performance and data modeling.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
·Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
· Experience with Clustering & High Availability
· Experience with working in Linux and Windows Server environments.
· Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
· Experience building centralized data warehouse.
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
· Competitive Salary
· Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
· Flexible Spending Account
· Free on-site lunch
· Paid Vacation
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Casual Working Environment
· 401K Matching
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: