The Product Owner is the single person responsible for effectively managing the development of a new software project. They focus the team to work on the issues that maximize the return on investment. They have extensive knowledge of the web hosting industry.
The Mission (what you’ll be responsible for)
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we’re looking for)
- Shares in defining project vision with the Director of Product Development. Communicates this vision with development team
- Assesses business value of feature requests, product, and technical requirements. Prioritizes work according to the value assessment.
- Lead team in all phases of product development
- Coordinates communication between development team and stakeholders regarding goals, requirements and business need
- Works with Director of Product Development to determine which project the team should be working on
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to define product requirements and transform them into a prioritized backlog
- Final arbiter of project requirements questions
- Ensures Development Team works to achieve a potentially shippable product at end of sprint. Decides whether to ship or continue development with the help of the Director of Product Development
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Align team efforts with overarching product requirements
- Communication skills - able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills - able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience bases
- Time Management - able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Attention to Detail - able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented - has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills - able to get along with others effectively, lead and influence the team, negotiate and collaborate with other development teams or external stakeholders.
- Conflict resolution - able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively
- Travel - Occasional domestic and international travel
- Education/Experience - High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Agile development
- System Administration or Computer Programming experience with the LAMP stack
- Able to understand technical requirements
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description is you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.