The Senior Marketing Manager is the company lead marketing strategist utilizing exceptional leadership and communication skills. This position leads brand development, market research, and promotion. The Senior Marketing Manager manages a team of subject matter experts and works with the executive staff.
- Leads, manages, and oversees cPanel’s Marketing Department
- Designs and implements comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business activities
- Develops metrics to determine the success of marketing goals, measuring ROIs and KPIs
- Collaborates in the design, pricing, creation, launch, and implementation of new products and features; works to ensure effective and ongoing relevancy in the market
- Carries out market analysis of existing products and services to ensure the Company’s offerings are meeting market needs
- Facilitates creation of market research to understand discrete market trends in the hosting automation sector and sectors in which cPanel competes; advises and consults with executive staff on market trends
- Executes online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, public relations, contributed articles, presentations, and brand awareness and protection
- Manages budgets and allocates resources
- Encourages proactive knowledge sharing within the department and with other departments
- Exemplifies cPanel’s Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Follow-through, and Collaboration
- Adheres to cPanel policies and practices
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills - advanced level of experience and knowledge presenting interdepartmentally and to various levels of management; highly effective oral and communication skills, checking for understanding; able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Business Analysis - advanced understanding of statistical analysis methodologies, able to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns, able to analyze complex data to create business insights
- Teamwork skills - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Planning and Time Management - strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and to use time effectively and able to successfully work under tight project deadlines; accomplished manager of time and stress as well as possessing the ability to delegate effectively
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to learn new software and processes as they become available
- Problem Solving Skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers in a professional and effective manner
- Math skills - able to perform basic Algebra and work with percentages
- Management and Leadership Skills - strong mentoring and coaching with team/reporting department of diverse levels of expertise and able carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's leadership vision, policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring in a team environment, providing employees specific goals and objectives and guidance on how to achieve them, appraising performance, critical feedback, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Project Management Skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner; able to supervise and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Marketing Strategist - proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate exceptional marketing results.
- Travel - Local overnight, regional and international travel is required, often by air
- 5 - 7 years of current professional marketing experience
- Minimum 4 years marketing management experience
- Minimum 4 years experience integrating vendor, user, and proprietary content.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated market research expertise, a data-driven approach to marketing
- Proven and visible marketing experience with creating content across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly integrate into a diverse, technically sophisticated, environment driven by those who create our product.
- Experience with B2C, B2B, and E-Commerce
- Financial acumen
- Strong demonstration and presentation skills
- Strong empathy for technology detail
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required occasionally