Spirited, intelligent, friendly, adventurous - cPanel employees have been called all of these things, but with our varied skill sets and personalities, we defy labels. We are a tight-knit team that constantly challenges and encourages one another. Best of all, we sincerely believe in the value of the work that we do. And with 20 years under our belts — we’re not looking to slow down anytime soon. At cPanel your achievements will have a real impact on the company's success.
cPanel management cares deeply about helping our employees thrive. We offer:
- A workplace committed to cPanel's core values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- Robust development and operations teams practicing Agile methodologies.
- Free catered onsite lunch every day.
- Professional training, lunch and learns, conferences, and tuition reimbursement
- A 1st class work environment utilizing the pod concept. Each team has a centralized collaboration area surrounded by a private office for each team member.
- Free 1st class onsite gym
- Flexible work schedules
- Fantastic coworkers passionate about creating and delivering great software.
About the Role:
The IT Infrastructure Manager leads a team of talented System Administrators and Site Reliability Engineers who architect and maintain cPanel's IT infrastructure.
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
The Mission (what you’ll be responsible for)
- Ensure infrastructure meets business needs by performing effective capacity planning and continuous infrastructure improvement.
- Leads the System Administration team in minimizing unplanned outages and disruptions to application services
- Ensures infrastructure compliance with industry security, reliability, and availability standards
- Coach and manage performance of direct reports, ensuring focus on individual, team, and company objectives.
- Collaborate with teams across the company to understand current and future business needs ensuring SRE and Sysadmin resources are available where needed.
- Conducts interviews and makes hiring recommendations for Systems Administration and Site Reliability teams
- Responsible for planning and administrating the department budget with an overall plan vs actual spend variance of less than 5%
- Negotiates and manages vendor contracts in collaboration with the Operation Support Owner.
- Shares in defining system architecture vision with the Operation Support Owner.
- Communicates with internal and external customers
- Exemplifies the cPanel Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-Through
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we’re looking for)
- Education/Experience - Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience
- Four+ years experience in system administration
- Two+ years experience in DevOps
- Two+ years of successful management experience with a focus on teams or other related experience
- Experience working with teams practicing Agile methodologies
- Travel - Local and/or overnight travel, some by interstate air, may be required
- Communication skills - able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills - able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience bases
- Time Management - able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Attention to Detail - able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented - has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills - able to get along with others effectively, lead and influence the team, negotiate and collaborate with other development teams or external stakeholders.
- Conflict resolution - able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively
- Travel - Occasional domestic and international travel
- Technical Skills -
- Advanced Linux administration experience: Linux, Apache/nginx/HAProxy, MySQL/MariaDB, iptables
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated ability with Perl, Ruby, Python or similar scripting languages
- Strong working knowledge of automating system deployment and maintenance using Puppet, Chef, or similar automaton tools
- Experience with writing monitoring tests to use with Nagios or other monitoring software
- Experience working with virtualization platforms such as OpenStack, EC2, KVM, VMware, or Xen
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.