Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Frequent overnight travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air
The Community Team at cPanel is responsible for the real-time management of the public face of Product Development and cPanel, Inc. As a member of that team, a Community Manager will be responsible for advocating for the brand anywhere that the cPanel community can be found. The perfect Community Manager will actively boost awareness for the company, and connect with current and potential customers with the unique perspective of product development in mind.
These are the essential duties for which you'll be responsible
These are the qualifications that we require
- Works with the team and other stakeholders to build a unified content plan for sharing information
- Engages daily with internal stakeholders to ensure information is being shared in a timely and constructive manner
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Community Engagement to drive the success of product content strategy
- Participates in the creation of content and other visual material in regards to product launches, product announcements, and feature releases and posts to social channels
- Helps the rest of the team moderate and manage the cPanel feature request site
- Shares information with internal and external community members on the status of projects, initiatives, goals, and objectives of product development
- Analyzes data and analytics to provide feedback on the needs of the communities
- Attends external and internal conferences to promote the goals and needs of cPanel’s Product Development department to the industry
- Continually familiarizes oneself with updates to cPanel software
- Maintains a core daily onsite schedule as set by the manager
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies cPanel’s Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations to employees and potential customers
- able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions
- able to conduct independent research using a variety of methods
- Travel - Frequent overnight travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air.
These are the eligibility requirements that we require:
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 + years of technical experience with the cPanel product
- Experience with social media management and digital technologies
- Proven strong use of social media as well as understanding of the larger social ecosystem
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.