The Director of Technology Operations will partner with the organization’s senior leaders and the broader x-functional teams to plan and operationalize the transformational strategy needed to take our hosting platform business to the next level. This position is people, data, and communications intensive; it requires excellent leadership, critical thinking, independence, organizational data analysis, and communication skills. This role is a member of the CTO’s senior staff.
- Champion a metric-driven culture and related processes within the cPanel Technology Organization with focus on process excellence, management reporting (KPIs).
- Accountability for visibility to business and operational performance and serves as the primary liaison for other internal business groups.
- Partnering closely with Finance, HR and x-Operations teams to ensure relevant data and financial metrics are accurate, timely, and readily available to support management decisions and analysis.
- Use data to identify opportunities to optimize cPanel Technology operations (eg: people, process, tools). Monitors key operational metrics and responds as necessary to ensure consistently superior operational performance.
- Track internal metrics (e.g. pipeline, build times, etc) as well as customer affecting metrics (e.g. bugs making it to customer, version adoption, etc.)
- Research and evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to optimize performance, streamline processes, and enable our technology departments.
- Responsibility for planning and executing our communications strategy, including screening and prioritizing executive meetings, executive prep and content development.
- 4-7 years in a related position with direct management experience preferred. Minimum 10+ years overall experience required.
- Knowledge of various software development and engineering technologies (Jira, Linux, git, Jenkins, etc)
- Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as technical contributors
- Ability to translate business objectives into goals and measurements
- Exceptional operational command of the business, including metrics-based goals and achievement approach
- Exceptional team player with the ability to quickly develop and foster stakeholder relationships, and strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated track record of leading or working with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; Strong presentation skills and executive presence, with the ability to address and influence both executive and mid-level management audiences.
- Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations.