About the QA job
Type: Full-time, Regular
Telecommute: Telecommute option available
The Quality Assurance II role is responsible for overseeing the quality of their team's and department's work throughout the entire software development lifecycle using both manual and automated testing methodologies. The QA II will contribute towards QA standards efforts and make minor adjustments and improvements to automated tests.
Here's what the role entails
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies testing skills to all stages of the development lifecycle to ensure quality planning, execution, and outcome
- Reports defects and advocates for fixes and improvements • Assists in guiding and unifying our QA efforts by establishing and refining QA standards
- Contributes towards department goals, projects, standards, and documentation, and contributes minor updates and improvements to automated tests and libraries
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Inclusion, Innovation, Trust, Collaboration, and Fun
Skills and experience you need to have
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance concepts and methods
- Strong knowledge of Git, bug tracking, troubleshooting, and Linux command line usage
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience
Here are the other abilities required for this job
- Oral Communication skills - able to speak clearly and effectively
- Written Communication skills - able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Teamwork skills - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize and plan work activities
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to learn new software and processes as they become available
- Problem Solving Skills - able to identify problems and subsequently gather and analyze information skillfully in order to make sound decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers in a professional and effective manner
- Math skills - able to perform basic Algebra and work with percentages
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Competitive Salary Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage Flexible Spending Account Free on-site lunch Paid Vacation Tuition Reimbursement Casual Working Environment 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.