Location Hybrid, Houston, Texas
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Periodic local and overnight travel
The Marketing Strategist will collaborate within the Marketing team to execute on both short-term and long-term strategies, with a hand in development, implementation, and monitoring of email, social media, digital campaigns and events. Your marketing and analytical skills will be utilized to conceive, develop, and execute innovative marketing strategies. You will work closely with management to provide reporting and suggest changes to better meet our company goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Translating marketing strategies into tactical acquisition and retention campaigns across platforms (website, email, other digital).
- Creating, testing, and modifying content and collateral based on actionable data.
- Creating emails and templates, including the setup, testing, monitoring, and optimizing of email campaigns.
- Conducting A/B testing to measure and maximize the performance of efforts across platforms.
- Building segmentation across profiles to target focused messaging to relevant audiences.
- Managing campaign calendars and delivery deadlines; ensuring databases are current and correct.
- Conducting and leveraging market research to inform decisions about new marketing opportunities.
- Recommending improvements to increase open rates, click-throughs, deliverability, and opt-ins.
- Assisting other team members and partners where needed to support overall goals.
- Providing reporting and analysis on campaigns and other marketing related initiatives.
- BA/BS degree and 4+ years of equivalent professional experience.
- In-depth knowledge of CRM software (Salesforce), Marketing Automation software (Pardot), and other content management systems
- 3+ years of email marketing experience.
- 3+ years B2B/channel marketing experience.
- Data driven
- Fluent English Required
- Pardot, Salesforce, and related tools.
- A/B testing and digital marketing analytical tools.
- Displaying impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Social media, SEO, PPC, and both email and website marketing.
- Thriving in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- Marketing research, particularly within the web hosting industry.
- Interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, problem-solving, time management, and general research.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Written Communications: Superior written communication skills required; able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Communication Skills: Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations and in a timely manner; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding;
- Problem Solving skills: Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience.
- Time Management: Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity all while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to Detail: Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work;
- Results Oriented: Has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective;
- Interpersonal skills: Able to get along with others effectively in a highly collaborative environment; Self-motivating: Must be proactive in staying up-to-date on current trends in both web hosting and marketing, while maintaining a high level of continuous development and self-learning;
- Conflict resolution: Able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively while providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Research Skills: Able to gather data, facts and impressions from a variety of sources about prospective and current employees; seeks knowledge about policies, rules, laws, procedures or practices; managing the data flow; classifying and organizing information for use in decision-making and monitoring;
- Ethics and Confidentiality: Demonstrates the highest level of ethical behavior and displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information;
- Time Management: Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Travel: Occasional local and overnight travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air.
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description is you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.