A Community Manager is the face of cPanel and is responsible for the real-time management of the public face of Product Development and cPanel. As a member of the Community Team, a Community Manager will be responsible for advocating for the brand anywhere that the cPanel community can be found. The high-performing Community Manager actively boosts positive public awareness of the company, the product, new features and connects with current and potential community members keeping their unique perspective of product development at the forefront.
- Works collaboratively with the Community Team to build and drive the success of product content strategy, including creating content and other visual materials, and seeking new and unique forms of content distribution
- Helps the team moderate, and manage any community-managed properties including social media sites, the blog, the Feature Request Site, the cPanel Community Discord, and cPanel Community Slack
- Shares information with internal and external community members on the status of projects, initiatives, goals, and objectives of product development
- Analyzes data and analytics to provide feedback on the needs of the community
- Seeks out and engages strategically important individuals and organizations in hosting and technology communities
- Engages cPanel’s community and promotes the needs of Product Development by attending and presenting at external events such as conferences, demo days, and hackathons
- Participates in the planning and execution of any event for which the community team is responsible
- Exemplifies cPanel’s Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- Continually familiarizes oneself with updates in the industry and to the cPanel & WHM software
- Maintains a core daily onsite schedule as set by the Manager of Community Engagement
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 + years of technical experience with the cPanel product preferred
- 2+ years of community management experience, preferably in a technical field
- Experience with social media management and digital technologies
- Proven strong use of social media as well as understanding of the larger social ecosystem
- Written Communications: Superior written communication skills required; able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Oral Communication: Superior and advanced oral communication skills required; to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations with employees, customers, and community members at large, in one-on-one or in group settings
- Research Skills: Able to gather data, facts and impressions from a variety of sources about prospective and current customers; classifying and organizing information for use in decision-making and monitoring;
- Team Player: Proactively collaborates within the Community Department and with cross-functional teams in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Social Media Skills: Able to navigate and communicate quickly across a variety of digital platforms. Understands WordPress, Twitter and Facebook for business, social media brand management and the ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Presentation and Interpersonal Skills: Able to present to a crowd, keep people engaged, develop awareness of the brand and product, and circulate comfortably among attendees at conferences and other company-related events
- Time Management: Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Results Driven: Able to follow through on assignments in order to achieve company and departmental goals;
- Adaptability: Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills: Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular basis in making decisions.
- Attention to detail: Has a keen attention to detail and is able to pay close attention to multiple channels of information at the same time.
- Education and Certification: cPanel & WHM University Certification a plus
- Travel Occasional-to-frequent travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.