Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Periodic local and overnight travel
With over two decades of growth and experience under our belts, cPanel knows our industry and we’re looking for more people who are spirited, intelligent, friendly and innovative to help us create more amazing things. We are a tight-knit team that constantly encourages and challenges each other, and above all of that, we sincerely believe in the value of the work that we do.
Because cPanel management cares deeply about helping our employees thrive, we offer:
- A workplace committed to the cPanel's core values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- Robust development teams that are practicing Agile Scrum and have everything you need to take a project from start to finish: Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, QA, and Documentation writers all working with the same end goal.
- A mid-sized company where your success will have a real impact on the company’s success
- Free catered onsite lunch every day, snacks, a gym, a flexible work schedule, and all the caffeine you can handle.
- A dog-friendly office
- Investments in our people by providing professional training, lunch and learns, conferences, and college reimbursement
- First-class work environment utilizing a pod concept: each team has a centralized collaboration area surrounded by a private office for each team member.
- Fantastic coworkers, passionate about creating great software.
- An open-door policy to come by and talk about professional topics or just chit chat while you work through an issue.
About the role:
This position will play a key role in providing reliable data storage and transformation services that enable data-driven strategic decision making. This position will closely collaborate with company leadership and various teams including Development, Data Science and Data Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements to internal systems, generate business projections, and utilize skills to help reduce risk and increase success. This position requires a strong grasp on Database Administration and Data Engineering but also must be able to communicate effectively with the leadership staff and non-technical stakeholders.
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities & experiences we're looking for)
- Collaborate with Finance, Investment, and Data Engineering teams to extract, transform, and load data from operational databases into ERP and Big Data Systems
- Design, maintain and improve the performance, scalability, and reliability of company database systems. Engineer, implement and maintain clustering and replication of databases to provide crash-resistance and guard against data loss while providing high availability and consistency
- Drive continuous improvement in our database backup by improving tooling, monitoring backup and restore times and building and maintaining process to validate the correctness and completeness of backups
- Engineer, implement, document, and test disaster recovery strategy across all database clusters and replicated environments
- Collaborate with Internal and Product Development to efficiently collect, store and access company data. Ensure applications can successfully interact with databases, provision handles and properly failover in clustered/replicated environments
- Monitor and improve Query execution and optimization. Police, track and implement database schema and index changes. Tune and optimize performance of company databases
- Validate integrity of data stored within company database environments. Validate type constraints, bounds, and referential integrity
- Collaborate with Data Science and Engineering teams to create & maintain dashboards and datamarts with a variety of internal/external data sources
- Administer and audit access controls. Provide granular access to data as necessary per regulatory compliance and company standards
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-through
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science required or equivalent experience
- Four plus years of experience working with SQL and Relational Databases
- At least two years of application development experience with Perl, Python, or similar language
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL syntax and usage
- Advanced knowledge of relational database design
- Advanced knowledge of Database Administration
- Strong knowledge of report generation tools such as Jasper, Crystal Reports, or similar
- Familiar with Perl including: database driven web development
- Familiar with Linux and underlying components
- Agile Scrum Knowledge - able to work as part of a team that utilizes the Agile Scrum methodology to manage the software development process
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills - advanced level of experience and knowledge presenting to various levels of management to share the full story and interpretation of the data; advanced and effective oral and communication skills
- Time Management - able to use time effectively under limited supervision; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Detail Oriented - High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning/Organizing Skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects and tasks in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer Knowledge - strong knowledge of word processing software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate the internet with expertise
- Problem Solving Skills - must display initiative in problem-solving; able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal Skills - excellent partnering skills: works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently internally with various employees and at times with external customers, partners and other stakeholders
- Travel - Occasional local and overnight travel may be required, some by interstate air
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS-related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.