The Marketing Specialist will work collaboratively with the Marketing team to execute on short-term and long-term strategies. This role will be accountable for the development, implementation, and monitoring of email, social media, and digital campaigns, and events. This position requires marketing and analytical skills, and the ability to conceive and develop innovative marketing strategies.
- Translates marketing strategies into tactical acquisition and retention campaigns across websites, email, and other digital channels; creating content, product and sales collateral
- Creates emails and new templates, and manages the set-up, testing, monitoring, and optimization of email campaigns
- Performs A/B testing; utilizing testing metrics to measure and maximize performance efforts across platforms
- Makes modifications and tweaks to content, emails, websites, and other digital spaces
- Builds segmentation across profiles to promote focused messaging to relevant audiences
- Manages campaign calendars and delivery deadlines; audits database lists and keeps data up-to-date
- Conducts and leverages market research to inform decisions about new marketing opportunities
- Recommends improvements to increase open rates, click rates, deliverability, and opt-ins
- Assists Marketing Team Members, and partners with external agencies and vendors, where needed, to support the overall team and company goals and execute marketing programs
- Adheres to compliance around marketing and privacy laws, including GDPR and CAN SPAM regulations
- Provides reporting and analysis on campaign performance
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the WebPros Core Values of Inclusion, Innovation, Trust, Collaboration, and Fun
- BS/BA in Marketing or related Major preferred
- Three to Four years of email marketing experience
- Three to Four years in a B2B/channel Marketing position
Job Description: Marketing Specialist
- Moderate experience with A/B Testing and digital marketing analytics tools
- Familiarity with social media, SEO, PPC, and email and website marketing
- Experience with standard business software such as Microsoft Office or iWork required.
- Prior experience with formal marketing research
- Familiarity in the web hosting industry a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Written Communications: Superior written communication skills required; able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Communication Skills: Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations and in a timely manner; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding;
- Problem Solving skills: Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience;
- Time Management: Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity all while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to Detail: Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work;
- Results Oriented: Has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective;
- Interpersonal skills: Able to get along with others effectively in a highly collaborative environment; Self-motivating: Must be proactive in staying up-to-date on current trends in both web hosting and marketing, while maintaining a high level of continuous development and self-learning;
- Conflict resolution: Able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively while providing and receiving constructive feedback.
- Research Skills: Able to gather data, facts and impressions from a variety of sources about prospective and current employees; seeks knowledge about policies, rules, laws, procedures or practices; managing the data flow; classifying and organizing information for use in decision-making and monitoring;
- Ethics and Confidentiality: Demonstrates the highest level of ethical behavior and displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information;
- Time Management: Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Travel: Occasional local and overnight travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry or move up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
• cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required