About the QA job
Type: Full-time, Regular
Telecommute: Temporarily During Covid
The Quality Assurance Analyst focuses on high quality in regards to cPanel software. As a member of a scrum team, the QA Analyst is responsible for for working with the team throughout the development cycle, testing work done by the team, and sharing feedback about the feature. The QA Analyst also participates in QA department goals and projects.
Here's what the role entails
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with team and contributes to decisions regarding feature development
- Gains and shares understanding of the product to anticipate the impact of development
- Applies testing strategies to new and existing features throughout the development process
- Reports defects and advocates for fixes and improvements
- Seeks opportunities to support department goals and projects
- Supports team commitment by applying skills to all available work
- Updates department testing tools
- Contributes to department documentation
- Demonstrates and acts in accordance with company values, policies, and procedures
Skills and experience you need to have
- A strong understanding of Linux command line usage is required for this job
- Some experience with Selenium
- A familiarity with Perl and Git.
- Previous experience with Quality Assurance concepts and methods
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some Quality Assurance experience
Here are the other abilities required for this job
- Oral Communication skills - able to speak clearly and effectively
- Written Communication skills - able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Teamwork skills - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize and plan work activities
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to learn new software and processes as they become available
- Problem Solving Skills - able to identify problems and subsequently gather and analyze information skillfully in order to make sound decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers in a professional and effective manner
- Math skills - able to perform basic Algebra and work with percentages
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.