Spirited, intelligent, friendly, innovative - cPanel employees are all of these things, and with our varied skill sets and personalities, we come together to create amazing things. We are a tight-knit team that constantly encourages and challenges one another. Above all of that, we sincerely believe in the value of the work that we do. And with 20 years under our belts - we're not slowing down anytime soon.
cPanel management cares deeply about helping our employees thrive. We offer:
- A workplace committed to the cPanel's core values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
- Robust development teams practicing Agile Scrum Our teams have everything you need to take a project from start to finish. We have Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, QA, and Documentation personnel.
- We are a mid-sized company where your success will have a real impact on the company's success
- Free catered onsite lunch every day
- We invest in our people including professional training, lunch and learns, conferences, and college reimbursement
- First-class work environment utilizing the pod concept. Each team has a centralized collaboration area surrounded by a private office for each team member.
- Free first-class onsite gym
- Flexible work schedules
- Fantastic coworkers, passionate about creating great software.
About the role:
The Global Service Desk Engineer is part of a hands-on, technical support team, that focuses on high-quality customer support to keep our Employee Technology and Operations services running smoothly. We are looking for an individual that enjoys working with new technologies, striving to provide great technology capabilities and services to our end users, as well as help maintain End User Support and relationships across the globe. The Service Desktop Engineer will provide day-to-day endpoint and engineering and will drive and support for the entire end user experience for entire company. We are looking self-starter individual that can work in a fast-paced team to help build the future and create a great user experience for Webpros.This position will report to the Manager of IT Operations.
The Mission: (what you'll be responsible for)
- Responsible for the architecture, implementation and maintenance of the organization’s desktop infrastructure environments including installation, upgrades, high level troubleshooting, patching, and software deployment
- Develop and document architectural design for endpoint hardware (both physical and virtual) as well as operating systems configurations and management capabilities.
- Perform secure baseline image creation and tailoring of Windows operating system images for specific hardware configurations from a common core baseline.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Develop Windows 10 Base Image, crafting the operating system and GPO settings so that they integrate with all enterprise hardware and software.
- Create / maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for front-end image management
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services
- Package and release software via software center.
- Support IT helpdesk request for systems access, logins and a variety of computer-related issues.
- Keep abreast of changes occurring in the client environment that could have an impact on deliverables.
- Validate that each image meets the customers supplied requirements and internal quality guidelines
Qualifications: (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we're looking for)
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer-facing support role or helpdesk, working in line with Service Level Agreements
- 1+ years’ experience working with Active Directory/Azure AD and troubleshooting user/device policies deployed through GPO or Intune policy sets that enable features and control security settings
- 1+ years’ experience with Windows 10, Office 2010-2016 and Office 365 including Teams, Outlook and SharePoint.
- 1+ years’ experience supporting HP, Dell, or Lenovo Workstations/Laptops
- Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills
- Passion for delivering a high-quality customer support experience
- Self-motivated and driven to develop technical knowledge and skills
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Desirable skills and Knowledge
- Experience building and managing system images
- Experience using Microsoft Intune, SCCM or JAMF to create, manage and deploy application packages, operating systems images and patches.
- Experience with patch management, Security, and Vulnerability management tools such as WSUS, WufB, TrendMicro, Sophos, InsightVM, M365 Security and Compliance.
- Experience supporting MacOS.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.