Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Periodic local and overnight travel
Do you like owning and driving the recruiting process from beginning to end? Do you enjoy the art of crafting a company’s story and using employer branding to engage candidates? Are you able to juggle the coordination of multiple requisitions, filter through inbound resumes, and find passive candidates all at the same time? Are you a whiz at sourcing, cold-calling, and using various social media platforms and other communication channels to fill roles quickly? Do you currently have a pipeline or network of technical candidates skilled in Perl, Python, Linux, or other related technologies?
We are looking for a Technical Recruiter that has the experience and ability to partner with multiple departments to execute an aggressive hiring plan. If you find yourself saying yes to most or all of the above questions, you really should apply!
Overview of Role
As a member of the Employee Experience Department (EXD), the individual in this role will build strong rapport and collaboration with hiring managers and be a trusted advisor on meeting the agile hiring needs of the organization. This position will play a key role in partnering with the business to proactively identify future hiring needs, develop and implement recruiting strategies, and source, screen, and manage candidates for the company. As part of the EXD team, the role will also focus on providing a best in class candidate experience and will work with the Sr. EXD Business Partner on employer branding. This role will manage the full lifecycle of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing candidates.
These are the essential duties for which you'll be responsible for
These are the skills, requirements, and experience we require
- Designs and executes an overall recruiting strategy; updating and changing the strategy as needed to keep up with trends and market changes
- Sources and recruits both active and passive candidates via various online and offline recruitment channels; reviewing resumes and applications and phone screening and interviewing candidates
- Collaborates with hiring managers to create, update, and maintain all company job descriptions
- Participates in job fairs, community job outreach programs, and other public events to build and maintain a pipeline of skilled candidates
- Utilizes recruitment tools and sources like various social channels, open tech communities, effective job boards, boolean search methods, and other unique ways to find qualified candidates
- Tracks and manages applicants via the company ATS
- Administers technical tests (i.e. numerical, language, logical reasoning, etc) and works with various colleagues and managers to analyze results
- Provides recruiting reports to management and leadership teams, as requested
- Stays updated on tech trends and news related to candidates and the IT/hosting industry, in order to be our competitive recruitment intelligence source
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplify cPanel’s Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-through
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical sourcing and recruiting experience in the software industry; search firm recruiting experience is a plus
- Strong track record of utilizing creative methods to identify passive candidates
- Experience recruiting for candidates in the Hosting industry and/or PERL/Linux programmer community a huge plus
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and web technologies
- Experience with Applicantstack or similar ATS
Education/Experience - Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required, some by interstate air
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Oral Communication - able to verbally communicate in a professional and effective manner with a wide range of people
- Public Communication - superior writing skills to effectively present our company to the public; able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation; able to craft job descriptions and job advertisements
- Time Management and Multitasking skills - able to use time efficiently in a self-directed manner; able to manage multiple requisitions for multiple department managers at once
- Planning/Organizational skills - use time efficiently and work through numerous projects in a self-directed manner; maintain and organize records for applicants/candidates
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment and business needs, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Problem Solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis when making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with colleagues, candidates, and other external individuals in a professional and effective manner
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.