The Web/Graphics Designer will be responsible for building and shaping a visitor’s and/or client’s experience with the company website and overall brand. In this role, the individual will be creating graphics and code for cPanel print and web initiatives by using consistent messaging, creative strategic design, and adhering to policies related to brand identity. The Web/Graphics Designer will also heavily collaborate and incorporate design with business goals and initiatives, as a member of the Marketing Team.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, manages, and updates cPanel’s online properties, including bug fixes
- Identifies and suggests improvements to cPanel online properties
- Creates print graphics for marketing initiatives including trade show booth graphics, flyers, brochures, logos, business cards, and other types of media needed
- Creates clean semantic HTML and CSS for web projects
- Coordinates and participates in ongoing branding efforts in collaboration with the marketing team
- Participates in ongoing marketing plan and projects
- Meets deadlines through agile project management
- Adheres to, creates, develops, and maintains consistent use of corporate brand identity
- Exercises due diligence in testing code and adheres to company standards in all browsers before releasing to public
- Develops, creates, and improves user experiences
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
- Completes other job duties as assigned by management
- Expert knowledge in the use of online and offline design concepts
- Understanding of printing specs and concepts
- Working knowledge of web hosting principles and practices (bandwidth, FTP, Domains/Subdomains, System Administration)
- Expert knowledge of design and web development software
- Fundamental understanding of user experience (UX) principles
- Expertise and constant awareness of emerging web, design, and social trends and best practices
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing or Communication with an emphasis in Design or equivalent certifications
- 3 years of web design/development experience (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- 3+ years prior experience indesign and development for Web and Mobile (Portfolio Required)
- Experience Designing marketing Materials. (Portfolio Required)
- Experience with Adobe Suite, HTML5 and CSS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Communication skills: Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or in written form in individual or group situations and in a timely manner; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Written Communication: Delivers sharp dazzling copy. Able to utilize excellent communication skills effectively in all written work, proofreading, editing and writing with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Problem Solving: Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience
- Team Player: Proactively collaborates within Marketing and with cross-functional teams in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Time Management: Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity all while working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to Detail: Keen eye for detail. Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented: Has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to get along with others effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Self-motivating: Must be proactive in staying up-to-date on current trends in both web hosting and marketing, while maintaining a high level of continuous development and self-learning
- Adaptability: Proven ability to handle challenging situations, react with the appropriate urgency, and resolve issues creatively and effectively. Maintains a flexible mindset, willingness to adapt to change
- Conflict Resolution: Able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively while providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required, some by interstate air
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.