Other companies may call us HR. However, we prefer to be known as the Employee Experience Department (EXD) because we're best described by our passion for employees and the full cycle of the employee experience. Four qualities are deeply ingrained in both our product and our people: integrity, respect, collaboration, and follow-through. Are you known for your integrity, driving results, and is your attention to detail impeccable? Are you creative and do you think you would enjoy working with people in technology? If this sounds like you, please apply today.
This Executive Assistant works closely with the VP of Employee Relations-Employment Legal Counsel. This position requires passion for the company and employee support. This EA role is a hybrid role providing confidential legal, technical, and human resources administrative support to the VP, EXD, and on occasion, the Legal Department. This Executive Assistant must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs, have a take charge/ownership attitude, react with the appropriate urgency, and drive improvements. The individual in this position will utilize independent judgment and discretion to apply significant knowledge of company-wide and EXD related policies, procedures, and practices. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in working with employees and senior executives is critical. Requires exceptional interpersonal skills, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Maintains a core daily onsite schedule as set by the VP of Employee Relations to ensure the efficient operations of the Employee Experience Department (EXD). Occasionally required to work after regular work hours, including weekends
- Maintains VP’s and EXD’s busy appointment schedules by planning, scheduling, calendaring, and confirming travel, meetings, trainings, conferences, offsite activities, and regular milestone reminders for ongoing projects
- Compiles, updates, files, and maintains employee personnel records (hard and e-copies) according to legal requirements, the EXD filing system, and Company policies and procedures; improves tracking systems; updates and maintains employee personnel information, including post-hire, related to both internal and external PEO systems
- Assists in maintaining the EXD wiki pages in collaboration with the EX Specialist; maintains and updates the company organizational chart;
- Assists in budget management by reconciling/justifying expenses for two in-house counsel according to company policy
- Administers and utilizes innovation to develop/improve employee perks, including internal Life Events program
- Participates in meetings, as requested, for the purpose of tracking, taking and maintaining ongoing notes and indicating action items as needed
- Performs general clerical duties that include creating and updating templates, copying, printing, scanning, shipping, filing and running errands
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the cPanel Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-Through
- Perform back-up payroll, on-boarding, and orientation duties
- Collaborates with other company assistants
- Approves/assists with paid leave and change requests
- Researches and gathers information for projects, including vetting products and services
- Liaisons with cPanel staff at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- HR certification preferred
- 2+ years working in a fast paced office environment/transactional duties
- 2+ years of HR Administrative or Executive Assistant experience reporting to senior management, preferred
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and clean DMV record
- Confidentiality and Diplomacy: Possesses a high level of professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality
- Oral Communication: Able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations
- Written Communication: Able to utilize excellent communication skills effectively in all written work, proofreading, editing and writing with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Organization, Details, Time Management: Well organized, extremely detail oriented, excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; advanced proficiency at performing data entry tasks with accuracy and precision
- Adaptability: Proven ability to handle challenging situations, react with the appropriate urgency, and resolve issues creatively and effectively. Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly with minimal training and to contribute immediately in a challenging and fast paced environment. Maintains a flexible mindset, willingness to adapt to change
- Follow-Through: Diligence in completing projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and with minimal to no supervision
- Numeracy and literacy skills: Ability to apply basic math concepts, common fractions, decimals, compute percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts; ability to interpret complex data
- Problem Solving: Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to interact with colleagues, executives, customers, and vendors professionally and effectively
- Technical Skills: Expert typing skills. High level of proficiency with full suite of Microsoft Office and iWork for Mac software, or the ability to learn quickly; ability to navigate the internet with advanced knowledge, proficient with electronic external and internal communication systems, including file sharing software and calendars; ability to communicate with technical experts with the goal of improving EXD processes. Proficiency or familiarity with eDraw, a plus.
- Travel - Periodic local and overnight travel may occasionally be required; some by interstate air
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry or move up to 20 pounds; near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use a computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.