The Product UX Designer is responsible for the general look-and-feel and overall User Experience of our flagship product, cPanel & WHM, and ancillary products. They work with a team of Product Owners, Product Managers, Developers, Marketing and more to test concepts and ideas to find the best solution for customer problems.
- Interviews customers to understand their needs, values, and problems to inform product design and evolution
- Collaborates with Product Team to prototype concepts and test ideas that address customer concerns
- Responsible for evolving product UX as technology and customer needs change
- Monitors customer and user satisfaction and makes recommendations or advocates for changes to improve the experience
- Creates journey maps, wireframes, and similar design artifacts for user and customer testing
- Works with Product Teams to define measurable outcomes
- Designs and conducts research projects to inform design decisions
- Builds and maintains customer and user personas
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Inclusion, Innovation, Trust, Collaboration, and Fun
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Available portfolio that demonstrates a track record of creating compelling visual designs and optimizing user workflows
- 5+ years of experience in interactive product design in customer-facing products
- Expert at producing visual designs and skilled at the use of both high and low-fidelity designs
- Good understanding of website or web application hosting technologies
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Communication skills: Able to communicate design ideas, strategies and summarize research effectively to all levels of employees. Creates written documentation, participate, or facilitate group meetings and deliver formal presentations.
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to develop relationships quickly with all levels of employees in a professional and effective manner; Encourages and embraces open debate, gives, and receives feedback well throughout the iterative design process.
- Research Skills: Skilled at designing and conducting research projects.
- Travel: Occasional local and overnight travel required, including some interstate travel by air.
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Ability to occasionally lift and carry or move up to 20 pounds; Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required