Technical Writers work with a strong content team and are committed to delivering top-quality product documentation. The Technical Writer analyzes, develops, revises, and publishes technical and administrative information for product and internal documentation. This position is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. A wide degree of independent judgment, discretion, and latitude is expected. Remote work is possible, depending on location.
- Develop and maintain technical product documentation including technical articles, white papers, and help files
- Collaborate with an agile development team to create content deliverables for UI text, documentation, and blog posts following company and department standards
- Review the user interface for usability and user-friendliness
- Research and translate technical information into user-friendly terminology
- Create and publish video tutorials to explain complex information
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-through
- Written Communication - able to clearly and concisely explain complex technical data in a simple way for non-technical audiences; able to concisely explain technical data to technical audiences; able to display meticulous attention to detail; able to edit work for spelling and grammar
- Comprehension skills - able to understand role-based scenarios; able to think like a user
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently, and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Computer knowledge - strong knowledge of word processing software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; familiarity with navigating the internet; become proficient using Git, familiar with Perl, familiar with Markdown
- Research skills - able to conduct independent research using a variety of methods, and ask questions about unfamiliar concepts
- Product life cycle knowledge – strong understanding of the documentation life cycle
- Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel may be required
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- BA/BS degree in Technical Writing or related field preferred
- At least six months of technical writing and software documentation experience
- Web hosting industry experience is preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.