Community Event Planner
Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Frequent overnight travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air
The Event Planner is responsible to produce events, projects, and functions from conception through completion that meet quality expectations. This will include responsibility for effective researching, planning, and operations of cPanel events such as conferences, trade shows, internal events, and other community functions, under the oversight of the Community Department.
- Serves as the primary planner of the annual cPanel Conference, and manages cPanel’s responsibilities and requirements for any community event in which cPanel is involved
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within budget and time limits
- Sets objectives and goals for tracking the successes and areas of improvement for each event, readied for approval by internal stakeholders, and periodic reports providing feedback and ideas for improved services
- Owns event logistics, negotiations, and communications with media, sponsors and exhibitors, and vendors
- Negotiates hotel food, beverage, and hotel room rates with the chosen venue(s) where appropriate
- Assists in defining a communication strategy for community events, including messaging, promotions, branding, and a communication plan.
- Researches and prepares proposals for new event opportunities that cPanel may host, participate in, or sponsor, in alignment with its business goals.
- Provides everyone involved with a highly organized and enjoyable event experience.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies cPanel’s Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Travel: Frequent overnight travel required, including some interstate and international travel by air
- Event Planning- experience with event planning logistics including, but not limited to, the communication and/or negotiations with vendors (hotels, exhibit halls, reception/party facilities, etc.)
- Trade Show Logistics- experience with planning and executing all functions required to successfully exhibit at trade shows and conferences (booth design/construction, planning and working within a set budget, creation of brand messaging and event goals, scheduling employees to specific event roles, etc.)
- Oral Communication - able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations to all internal and external community members
- Public Communication - superior writing skills to effectively present our product to the public; able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation; able to craft website copy, press releases, blog posts, and news articles
- Time Management - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Creative Ability - able to utilize creativity to work in conjunction with a design team
- Planning/Organizing Skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently, plan, organize and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner using tools provided by cPanel, Inc.
- Product Knowledge - familiarity with the cPanel & WHM and cPanel’s community members
- Computer Knowledge - strong knowledge of word processing; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems, able to navigate the computer and internet competently
- Attention to Detail - able to accomplish tasks accurately with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Problem-solving Skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal Skills - able to interact with co-workers and customers in professional and effective manner
- Math Ability - able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages as well as creating and working with various-sized budgets
- Education/Experience - Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations ideal, but not required. One to three years of years event planning experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements; ability to transport up to 30 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time during conferences, trade shows, and/or other networking events
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) are required
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.