Type: Full-time, Exempt
The Technical Trainer is responsible for the development and delivery of technical and procedural training material, assessment and evaluation of training delivered, as well as assisting in the design and implementation of educational and training-related material with the Lead Technical Trainer. The Technical Trainer functions as a subject matter expert for the company on technical and procedure-related matters relating to cPanel as a company, and cPanel’s own suite of products, as well as its partner products.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for cPanel & WHM and provides ongoing training on new changes and features.
- Develops, maintains, and delivers on-boarding training sessions for all incoming new hires.
- Creates e-learning content, testing content, and provides end-user support for the university.cpanel.net user-base.
- Provides ongoing, live-facilitated internal training that assists employees in continuing to build and expand their critical skillsets, as well as their understanding of company procedures.
- Collaborates with the Lead Technical Trainer to identify training needs and priorities for the company.
- Participates in external conferences through speaking and training opportunities, such as workshops or testing facilitation.
- Prepares and delivers both remote and on-site training for the company’s partner customers as-needed.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company.
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-through
- Two years of experience with conducting training or other similar education-focused presentations.
- Two years of web-hosting industry experience or other related work.
- Customer Service skills - able to deliver courteous, professional, and patient assistance to wide range of internal and external customers.
- Facilitation skills - able to create high level lessons, workshops, and presentations using presentation software, and can effectively deliver these either in-person, via remote conference or webinar, or through pre-recorded material as needed.
- Problem Solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular a basis in making decisions.
- Oral Communication skills - able to speak clearly and effectively in presentation and conversation, as well as in positive or negative situations, to both external and internal customers.
- Written Communication - able to compose well-written, grammatically-correct educational material that facilitates effective content comprehension, including through written content delivered to customers through help desk tickets.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently, and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner., after performing any necessary preparatory steps.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent change, delays, unexpected events, and shifts in prioritization.
- Computer knowledge - computer proficiency, which includes knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems, with capability to effectively communicate internally and externally through software means; able to navigate internet at highest competency levels.
- Math ability - able to perform basic math operations; able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios and apply them to work related situations
- Technical Skills - advanced technical skills, which include:
- Solid knowledge of web server technologies such as Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgresSQL, PHP, Exim, and other MTAs, Apache SpamAssassin, BIND, PowerDNS, DNS, PureFTPD, ProFTPD, Tomcat, Mailman, SSL, and other applications commonly utilized in a LAMP server environment.
- Solid working knowledge of Linux-related technologies used in CentOS and RHEL environments.
- Working knowledge of intermediate-to-advanced BASH shell commands and procedures.
- Working knowledge of package management systems, such as yum and rpm.
- Ability to perform routine tasks and maintenance of MacOS workstations, as well as CentOS / RHEL servers.
- Solid working knowledge of cPanel software, configuration, and implementation.
- Solid working knowledge of creating intermediate-to-advanced Keynote presentations.
- Solid working knowledge of creating e-learning material using Articulate Rise & Storyline 360.
- Solid working knowledge of using design, diagramming, and illustration tools to create functional artwork for use within training and education-related media.
- Travel - Occasional local and/or overnight travel, some by air, specific to training courses or company conferences, may be required.
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, L.L.C. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.