The Content Marketing Strategist is a cross-functional role and a key player in helping cPanel tell our story. The Marketing Content Strategist creates compelling and engaging marketing content across a variety of marketing channels. This candidate will be responsible for effectively working with the marketing team to promote the brand and product as well as increase market share through marketing initiatives. This position requires the ability to synthesize complicated information to narrow it down to its essence. This role also requires an expert understanding of customer journey-mapping, and how that information can help create a more positive and memorable experience for all of cPanel’s audiences.
- Create compelling content that educates the cPanel audience and supports marketing goals to drive leads, awareness, and/or other important metrics
- Collaborate with designers to influence page layout, interactions and visual design.
- Research and understand specific market segments and verticals to develop and optimize personas to help target and deliver key messages
- Learn cPanel’s business and customers, and take the initiative to identify new content opportunities that differentiate our brand and product messaging and advance our position in the market
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with cPanel’s goals and customer goals
- Collaborate with marketing teammates, community, and other key stakeholders to help maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all platforms and properties
- Understand and utilize performance reporting metrics for content, website, PPC, etc. to optimize and improve content execution and strategy
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplify the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or a related field
- 3 - 5 years experience creating B2B and/or B2C digital content
- Exceptional writing and communication skills, with the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of cPanel, pair relevant product messaging to different audiences/personas, and develop different content pieces for various stages in the customer journey
- Solid knowledge and best practices of content writing for websites, landing pages, emails, social, SEO, and paid search/paid social
- Experience in planning and executing various types of marketing campaigns through various digital channels
- Experience with planning, measuring goals and metrics of content and marketing campaigns
- Meticulous attention to detail with copy editing expertise
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Up-to-date industry knowledge of content marketing strategy best practices and trends
- Enthusiasm, with the comfort and ability to work in a face-paced, agile environment
- Familiarity with Scrum, Agile, Linux or the web hosting industry is a plus but, not required
- Communication skills: Able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or in written form in individual or group situations and in a timely manner; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills: Able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience
- Team Player: Proactively collaborates within marketing and with cross-functional teams in a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Time Management: Able to manage work time in such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity all while working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to Detail: Able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented: Has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills: Able to get along with others effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Self-motivating: Must be proactive in staying up-to-date on current trends in both web hosting and marketing, while maintaining a high level of continuous development and self-learning.
- Conflict resolution: Able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively while providing and receiving constructive feedback.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to work in an office environment. Specific abilities required by this job include: Near vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements
- cPanel is a 24/7 operation and nontraditional or extended hours (including weekends) may be required occasionally
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.