cPanel is searching for servant leaders to support our software development and business teams. You will take ownership for building more powerful teams through coaching them in the values and principles of Scrum and Agile. Strong teams require continuous attention to trust and safety between team members, between the team and other teams, and between teams and their leadership and organization - this is an essential part of committing to the role of ScrumMaster as we practice it. There are thousands of Scrum/Agile workplaces that know how the process works; we recognize that process is only the beginning and are actively working to deepen our practice of the Agile mind-set and values. The ScrumMaster team works daily to improve our shared understanding of customer impact, and to grow our teams' collective ability to create a more powerful environment and outcome. Deep technical knowledge of our products and software development is not required - the belief that technology can empower users, and the willingness to learn are. If this connects with you, apply and let's talk about how we might be able to give your experiences, mind-set, and skills a space to create something special.
The Mission (what you’ll be responsible for)
We're not a utopia - we don't have it all figured out, folks don't spontaneously break out into song numbers, it's not all rainbows and glitter. We make choices every day that teach us things and don't turn out how we expected (aka mistakes). We spend time "should've"-ing about the past when it's more powerful to be choosing what we want in the present. We're human, and we want some more perfectly human folks to come help us get better at making great outcomes and impacts for our customers.
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we’re looking for)
- Provide servant leadership to development, functional, and business teams
- Support team development through daily standups, retrospectives, and the ongoing process of making, keeping, and repairing team agreements
- Identify and work with others to help teams remove impediments blocking progress of delivering customer value
- Encourage continuous learning, improvement, and growth in relationships, processes, and technical practices
- Lead Scrum teams to self-organize and self-manage in alignment with company core values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-through
- Radiate information, improve transparency, and foster greater collaboration
- Coach and demonstrate Scrum and Agile mind-set and values
- Maintain availability to team(s) during core business hours for face-to-face interactions; occasional/infrequent travel or non-business hours availability
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Communication skills - able to effectively share thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills - able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience bases
- Time Management - able to manage work time to accomplish specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Attention to Detail - able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented - has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills - able to get along with others effectively and help others connect and communicate, able to mentor and coach peers
- Conflict resolution - able to bring disagreements into the open and support others in reaching agreement without taking responsibility away from where it belongs
- Computer skills - strong knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate the internet proficiently and conduct internet based research as needed
- Education/Experience - High school diploma or equivalent
- Leadership training or proven leadership experience
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, LLC. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description is you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.