|Title:||Junior Database Administrator|
As a Junior Database Administrator, you will be joining a team supporting cPanel database portfolio. You will work with application developers, SREs and System administration team members to improve the efficiency, resiliency, production stability, automation, and reliability of cPanel’s database infrastructure. The team is responsible for architecture, upgrades, administration, performance and tuning, automation, and feature/function research and development for data model and database infrastructure.
· Installs and maintains the performance of database servers. Performance tuning of database systems.
· Sets and maintains database standards. Develops processes for optimizing database security. Manages database access.
· Installs, upgrades, and manages database applications. Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
· Recommends and implements emerging database technologies.
· Creates and manages database reports, visualizations, and dashboards. Creates automation for repeating database tasks.
· Strong knowledge of SQL and SQL server tools. PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills,
· Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring.
· Provides technical and operational database administration. Installs, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures.
· 3-5 years of experience
· Must have experience in MySQL and PostgreSQL
· Extensive experience with database technologies such as MySQL, MariaDB, PostGreSQL, or Other.
· Strong understanding of relational and dimensional database performance and data modeling.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
· Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
· Experience with Clustering & High Availability
· Experience with working in Linux and Windows Server environments.
· Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
· Experience building centralized data warehouse.
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: