Windows Technical Analyst
|Title:||Windows Technical Analyst|
Salary contingent with experience
cPanel prides itself if offering data centers and administrators around the world with top rated support, solutions to unique problems, and ongoing support. cPanel is looking technical analysts that will provide great customer support, solutions, and results to data centers and web hosting providers around the world. cPanel's Technical Analysts are part of an elite group that have graduated from standard "help desk" support to a challenging career focused on supporting a single product.
This is what the job entails:
These are the skills we need for this position:
- Providing assistance to cPanel's customers by analyzing customer systems to determine software operation issues and analyzing customer systems to determine system specific issues as related to software or system specifications
- Consulting directly with customer through email/ticketing system and phone system.
- Contributing knowledge from personal analysis to company database
- Assisting other employees with their analysis of customer systems
- Maintaining satisfactory customer feedback levels
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Oral Communication - able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations to customers and employees
- Written Communication - able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Time Management - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer knowledge - computer proficiency, which includes knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate internet competently
- Problem solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgement on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers and customers in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- Math ability - able to perform basic math operations; able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and rations and apply them to work related situations
- Technical skills - advanced technical skills which include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (specifically Microsoft Windows Server 2008), their underlying components and web related services: Web Servers (IIS), Directory Services (Active Directory), SQL Servers (MySQL, MS SQL, etc), Mail Servers (MailEnable, SmarterMail, etc), DNS Servers (MS DNS), Windows Filesystems (NTFS, FAT32, etc)
- Working knowledge of basic networking equipment and principles
- Working knowledge of XML
- Working knowledge of commodity computer hardware
- Familiarity with PHP and ASP.NET
- Education/Experience - High School diploma or equivalent; two years of Microsoft system troubleshooting or a related certification (MSCE); two years of web hosting industry experience or other related work
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual identity, veteran status or disability. Privacy is a very serious matter for cPanel Inc; all information submitted is kept internally and is never shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications
cPanel is a fun company to work for and provides all the tools you need to get the job done. In addition, at cPanel you are not a number: you're family, and every day is an exciting adventure.
I enjoy working at cPanel because of the people I work with, who are hard-working and dedicated, and the respect shown by employees to one another. It's great working with a team of talented people who genuinely enjoy what they do.
Creativity and unconventional ideas are encouraged, not stifled, which makes it a very positive and stimulating culture. Working for cPanel is the best-kept secret in Texas!
View more employee testimonials »