DescriptioncPanel prides itself in offering data centers and administrators around the world with top rated support, solutions to unique problems, and ongoing support. cPanel is looking for a full time Desktop Administrator that has a strong desire to provide great support, is agile, and hungry to learn. This position will provide ongoing desktop support to over 100 employees at cPanel.
This is what the job entails:
These are the skills we need for this position:
- Builds and installs basic network infrastructure components
- Inventories current and new company items
- Builds, configures, and deploys MAC desktop systems and related peripheral equipment
- Administration of users on company systems
- Assists company users with hardware and software problems submitted via internal ticket system
- Installs desktop software and verifies its functionality
- Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and peripheral issues
- Contacts vendors and RMAs defective equipment
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
Special consideration will be given if you have A+ or MAC certification
- Oral Communication - able to speak clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations to customers and employees
- Written Communication - able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Time Management - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer knowledge - computer proficiency, which includes knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate internet competently
- Problem solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgement on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers and customers in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- Math ability - able to perform basic math operations; able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and rations and apply them to work related situations
- Technical skills - advanced technical skills which include:
- Working knowledge of desktop/server operating systems and their underlying components: Apple OS X, Linux/*nix, BSD, and Microsoft Windows OSes.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop and server hardware: RAID, SATA, and SCSI.
- Experience with low voltage wiring (cat6e)
- Working knowledge of basic electrical principles
- Knowledge of FileMaker Pro 12
- Apple OS X, Linux/*nix, BSD, and Microsoft Windows OSes.
- Education/Experience - High School diploma or equivalent;
- Two years of desktop support experience
- Two years of experience with Linux/*nix/BSD based operating systems
- Two years of Microsoft based operating systems experience
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee's race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual identity, veteran status or disability. Privacy is a very serious matter for cPanel Inc; all information submitted is kept internally and is never shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.
cPanel is a fun company to work for and provides all the tools you need to get the job done. In addition, at cPanel you are not a number: you're family, and every day is an exciting adventure.
I enjoy working at cPanel because of the people I work with, who are hard-working and dedicated, and the respect shown by employees to one another. It's great working with a team of talented people who genuinely enjoy what they do.
Creativity and unconventional ideas are encouraged, not stifled, which makes it a very positive and stimulating culture. Working for cPanel is the best-kept secret in Texas!
View more employee testimonials »