This position will play a key role in providing reliable and proactive business information and analytic services that enable data-driven strategic decision making by providing actionable insights involving key reports, metrics, and performance metrics. This position will closely collaborate with executive staff and members of various teams including SDI, Product Development and Marketing to identify and drive improvements to internal systems, generate business projections, and utilize skills to help reduce risk and increase success. This position requires not only retrieval and data analysis, but also must be able to communicate effectively with the executive staff and non-technical stakeholders.
- Utilize reporting/analytics to assist teams in building alternative business models and projections
- Identify trends and correlation between business actions and business performance on different customer segments
- Understand business context, identify critical business problems and translate them into actionable information for stakeholders
- Provide customer insights to drive changes across Marketing, Product and various teams and ultimately to improve customer value and key business metrics
- Identify business opportunities, conduct financial/ROI assessment and develop projection metrics for sales and opportunities
- Work with Marketing research and UX team to understand customer segments and their needs, profile our customer base and monitor the base composition change
- Analyze fraud data and make recommendations that decreases fraud/abuse
- Create & maintain dashboards with a variety of internal/external data sources
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplify the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
Additional Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Ad hoc reporting to management and company executives
- Completes other job duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Project Management skills - able to perform all aspects of software development life cycle, including requirements, development, quality assurance, and documentation.
- Agile Scrum Knowledge - able to work as part of a team that utilizes the Agile Scrum methodology to manage the software development process
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills - advanced level of experience and knowledge presenting to various levels of management to share the full story and interpretation of the data; advanced and effective oral and communication skills
- Business Analysis - advanced understanding of statistical analysis methodologies, able to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns, able to analyze complex data to create business insights
- Time Management - able to use time effectively under limited supervision; able to complete projects in a timely manner
- Detail Oriented - High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning/Organizing Skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects and tasks in a self-motivated manner
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Computer Knowledge - strong knowledge of word processing software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate the internet with expertise
- Problem Solving Skills - must display initiative in problem solving; able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on regular basis in making decisions
- Interpersonal Skills - excellent partnering skills: works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently internally with various employees and at times with external customers, partners and other stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of SQL syntax and usage
- Advanced knowledge of relational database design
- Strong knowledge of report generation tools such as Jasper, Crystal Reports, or similar
- Familiar with Perl including: database driven web development
- Familiar with Linux and underlying components
Education/Experience - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science required or equivalent experience
- Four plus years of experience working with SQL and Relational Databases
- Two plus years of experience working with report generation tools.
- Two plus years experience in relevant business domains, including business intelligence tools, techniques and technology or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics solutions
- At least one year of Perl development experience
- Travel - Occasional local and overnight travel may be required, some by interstate air
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.