WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing & support solution for online businesses. Handling everything from signup to termination, WHMCS is a powerful business automation tool that puts you firmly in control. The PHP Developer is tasked with the development and ongoing evolution of the WHMCS product. Development will include ongoing product improvements, bug fixes, module development, and new feature development.
These are the duties for which you'll be responsible
- Ongoing bug fixes, reporting, and improvements to current the WHMCS product
- Development of software specifications and coding for new modules ( credit card gateways, domain registrars, etc...)
- Development of new features for inclusion in the product
- Documentation of features for public display
- Ongoing custom level support for high level issues related to the WHMCS product
- Designs and develops tools to assist internal and external integration projects
- Contributes knowledge from personal analysis to company knowledge bases and public forums
- Assists other employees with their analysis of customer and internal systems
- Adheres to coding and development standards and practices as defined by WHMCS
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
These are the skills, requirements, and experience we require
Technical skills - advanced technical skills which include:
- Working knowledge of Linux / BSD / *nix based operating systems, their underlying components and web related services: Web Servers (apache, LiteSpeed, etc), SQL Servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc), Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail etc), DNS Servers (BIND), and Linux Filesystems (ext3, reiser, etc)
- Advanced programming knowledge of: Design patterns, MVC, ORM, OO or other organized programming practices, PHP best practices, unit and functional testing, PEAR and PECL systems
- Fluency with all minor versions of PHP from 5.0 to 5.4 as well as the compile options & extensions
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications