Type: Full-time, Regular
Pay rate: Salary contingent with experience
Our QA experts root out and analyze bugs in our software.
Our QA department is as passionate about ensuring our software is functional and reliable the same way most people are passionate about their most beloved sports team or favorite band.
Here's what the role entails
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Runs and updates manual tests for features developed and updated throughout the release cycle
- Reviews test cases to ensure accurate results
- Reports, tracks, and prioritizes defects
- Reviews and updates departmental documents and knowledge base
- Collaborates with teams to deliver projects and resolve issues
- Acts as a reference and provides expertise to others regarding features and projects
- Learns new and relevant skills, attends trainings, and researches technologies.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
- Technical skills
- Familiarity with Linux command line usage, Perl, and Git.
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance concepts and methods
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some Quality Assurance experience
Here are the abilities, skills, and experience you need to have
- Oral Communication skills - able to speak clearly and effectively
- Written Communication skills - able to communicate effectively in all written work, utilizing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Teamwork skills - able to work effectively as part of a team
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in an unsupervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced volume
- Planning/Organizing skills - able to prioritize and plan work activities
- Adaptability - able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to learn new software and processes as they become available
- Problem Solving Skills - able to identify problems and subsequently gather and analyze information skillfully in order to make sound decisions
- Interpersonal skills - able to interact with co-workers in a professional and effective manner
- Math skills - able to perform basic Algebra and work with percentages
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.