At cPanel, our software developers are tasked with designing, developing, and implementing internal and external software products. We are a Linux shop that demands team collaboration and great communication skills. Knowing Perl is essential, but if you've worked in the web hosting industry, you'll be ahead of the pack.
The Mission (what you’ll be responsible for)
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we’re looking for)
- Creating new code for cPanel products and internal systems used to support, distribute or maintain those products
- Refactoring existing code to perform more optimally in the same situations or to work within new constraints
- Contributing knowledge from personal analysis to company knowledge bases
- Assisting other employees with their analysis of customer and internal systems
- Oral Communication skills - it'll be important to know how to communicate in a professional and effective manner with a wide range of people
- Written Communication skills - also important will be to communicate effectively in all written work
- Teamwork skills - know how to work effectively as part of a team
- Planning/Organizing skills - can you prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through large projects in a self-motivated manner?
- Adaptability - you’ll have to adapt to competing demands and unforeseen events
- Problem solving skills - gather data, analyze it, propose a solution
- Interpersonal skills - be polite! be professional!
- Math skills - know how to perform basic Algebra equations
- Technical skills - mad skills in the following technologies:
- advanced knowledge of Perl: Regular Expressions, MVC, OO or other organized programming practices, Perl best practices, and usage of CPAN modules
- working knowledge of Linux / BSD / *nix based operating systems, their underlying components and web related services
- Web Servers (Apache, LiteSpeed, etc), SQL Servers (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc),
- Mail Servers (Exim, Sendmail etc)
- DNS Servers (BIND)
- Linux Filesystems (ext3, reiser, etc)
- Education/Experience - High School diploma or equivalent.
- three years years experience with Linux/*nix/BSD system troubleshooting or a related certification (RHCE)
- two years experience of Perl development experience
- Travel - Ocassional local and/or overnight travel may be required
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Free on-site lunch
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Casual Working Environment
- 401K Matching
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description is you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications