Administrative Assistant (ESD/Legal)
cPanel’s administrative assistants are the support and partners that hold us together. We have an opening for an experienced administrative assistant who is highly organized, calm under pressure, with great written and spoken communication skills and with a friendly personality. If you strongly believe you may be a fit for this exciting position, read on….
Location Houston, TX
Type Regular, Full Time
Pay rate Commensurate with experience
Travel Occasional local travel may be required
The purpose of the Administrative Assistant role is to provide a high level of professionalism and confidentiality while providing assistance to the Employment Legal Counsel/VP of Employee Support, and the Employee Support and Legal Departments (5 employees). This position requires a self motivated, proactive experienced administrative assistant to ensure smooth running of the office, effective project assistance and day-to-day responsibilities. This position is responsible for removing and resolving administrative impediments for both the Employee Support and Legal departments.
These are the essential duties for which you'll be responsible
- Maintains a core daily schedule, as set by the Employment Legal Counsel, to ensure the efficient operations of the ESD and Legal Departments
- Maintains ESD and Employment Legal Counsel’s busy appointment schedules by planning, scheduling and confirming meetings, trainings, conferences, offsite activities, and regular milestone reminders for ongoing projects
- Compiles, updates, files, and maintains employee records (hard and e-copies) in collaboration with the ESD Operations Specialist according to legal requirements, the ESD filing system and Company policies and procedures; improves tracking systems
- Assists in responding to day-to-day email correspondence regarding basic company policies and procedures
- Produces various documents, including spreadsheets, by transcribing, formatting, inputting, proofreading, fact checking, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
- Performs general clerical duties that include copying, printing, scanning, shipping, filing and running errands
- Conducts statistical research, gathers cost data, some cost analysis and basic legal and HR research
- Assists in budget management by reconciling expenses according to company policy
- Provides administrative support to Legal Department ~ 25% of time, including correspondence, proofreading, analyzing/summarizing legal documents, and at times drafting agreements and internal policies under the direction of an attorney
- Participates in meetings, as requested, for the purpose of tracking, taking and maintaining ongoing notes and indicating action items as needed
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Exemplifies the cPanel Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-Through
This is the education and experience that we require:
- Performs some personal assistant duties as assigned
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Approves PTO requests
- High school diploma, college degree preferred, related certifications preferred
- At least three years of related experience working in a Human Resources Department, knowledge and understanding of HR compliance
- Preferred minimum one year experience as legal assistant/experience in transactional work
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and clean DMV record
These are the qualifications, skills, and abilities that we require:
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Confidentiality and Diplomacy: Possesses a high level of professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality
- Business Acumen: Possess good judgment, business acumen. and the ability to make decisions that balance priorities of ESD, the business, and legal demands
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organization, Details, Time Management: Well organized, detail oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Adaptability: Proven ability to handle challenging situations, and resolve issues creatively and effectively. Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly with minimal training and to contribute immediately in a challenging and fast paced environment. Maintains a flexible mindset, willingness to adapt to change and ability to scale and grow with an organization
- Follow-Through: Diligence in completing projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision
- Numeracy and literacy skills: Ability to apply basic math concepts, common fractions, decimals, compute percentage and to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts
- Basic Office Skills: Able professionally handle phone calls, copier, scanner, and other basic business machines.
- Tech Skills: Expert typing skills. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and iWork for Mac, including, Excel, Pages and Numbers pages, able to navigate the internet with advanced knowledge, strong knowledge of electronic and internal communication systems or the ability to learn quickly
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.