Senior Systems Administrator (DevOps)
|Title:||Senior Systems Administrator (DevOps)|
Salary contingent with experience
Are you fascinated by servers, networks, desktop hardware and software? Can you deliver assistance to customers with a smile on your face? Do you feel comfortable spinning several plates at one time? If you can respond yes to all of these, read on. If you have advanced experience with Perl, Puppet, VPN, Linux/*NIX, MySQL and Security you’ll be ahead of the pack.
Cisco Routers and Juniper firewall administration is also plus!
The Mission (what you’ll be responsible for)
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we’re looking for)
- Maintain internal network of servers.
- Build and install network infrastructure components.
- Configure and monitor company servers.
- Install and maintain server, storage, and network hardware.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system, storage, and network.
- Administrate users on company servers and systems.
- Responsible for database server administration.
- Develop and execute system backup solutions.
- Develop and execute server disaster and site disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide knowledge and assistance to other departments.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management and company executives.
In return for all the above, we offer the following:
- Planning/Organization - you have to manage your time wisely as you juggle day-to-day tasks and multiple projects from beginning to end
- Adaptability - you’ll have to adapt to competing demands and unforeseen events, like having to fly out of state on short notice
- Problem solving skills - gather data, analyze it, propose a solution
- Interpersonal skills - be likeable!
- Schedule flexibility - you’ll be on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and will work occasional nights and weekends
- Technical skills - mad skills in the following technologies:
- expertise in Linux/*nix administration (LAMP, Perl, Security, User Administration)
- expertise in managing large MySQL Databases including replication and redundancy
- expertise in managing Linux based web applications
- expertise in Asterisk based phone systems with the ability to configure, manage, and automate common tasks
- expertise in automating tasks through bash and/or perl scripting languages
- familiar with Windows administration (Server 2003/Server 2008, IIS, Active Directory, MS SQL)
- knowledge of Server and desktop components and configurations (RAID, SATA, GIGe)
- advanced knowledge of scripting languages commonly used in systems administration (Shell, Perl, PowerShell)
- Education/Experience - High School degree or equivalent.
- five years experience in systems administration;
- five years experience with Linux/*nix/BSD based operating systems.
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description fits you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.