cPanel is searching for people oriented facilitators to provide servant leadership to our software development teams. You will schedule meetings, work to remove organizational impediments, improve interaction on the teams and help refine the development process. Deep technical knowledge of our products and software development is not required. In the agile development community, this job is called the Scrum Master. We are willing to train the right candidates to be effective Scrum Masters. Starting salary is $50,000 to 70,000 depending on your leadership experience.
The Mission (what you’ll be responsible for)
The Tools (what knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences we’re looking for)
- Provide servant leadership to the development teams
- Schedule, organize and facilitate Scrum meetings and other meetings
- Identify and work with others to help remove impediments blocking progress of projects
- Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Facilitates discussion and mediates conflicts to ensures full-team involvement
- Leads Scrum teams to self-organize and self-manage
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information to the larger organization
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
- Communication skills - able to effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations; presents oneself clearly and articulately when speaking; checks for understanding
- Problem Solving skills - able to take a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience bases
- Time Management - able to manage work time is such a manner that ensures the accomplishment of specific objectives; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity
- Attention to Detail - able to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, carefully monitoring the detail and quality of own work
- Results Oriented - has a concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard or objective
- Interpersonal skills - able to get along with others effectively
- Conflict resolution - able to bring disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively
- Computer skills - strong knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software; strong knowledge of electronic communication systems; able to navigate the internet proficiently and conduct internet based research as needed
- Education/Experience - High school diploma or equivalent
- Leadership training or proven leadership experience
- In return for all the above, we offer the following:
Full Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
Flexible Spending Account
Free on-site lunch
Casual Working Environment
At our company, we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
cPanel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Privacy is taken seriously at cPanel, Inc. Information submitted is kept internally and not shared with third parties.
If this description is you, apply below. It's relatively easy and painless.